Thursday, September 13, 2012

Health News: Swallowed toothpick leads to blood poisoning

Baffled doctors were amazed to discover that a woman in intensive care who mysteriously developed severe blood poisoning and a liver abscess had swallowed a toothpick.

The 45-year-old, who has not been identified, had unknowingly ingested the toothpick which then perforated her gullet and lodged in a lobe in her liver.

The woman who was in intensive care suffering from multiple organ failure, breathing difficulties and systemic infection as a result of blood poisoning, when operated and toothpick removed, became healthy and recovered.

Read more: Daily Mail


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost